These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Books.Cat. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
This website is supported by advertising, and our advertisers will pull their support if we are linking to files. So no linking will take place. Book IDs will be allowed. Links are allowed privately (PMs).
- Be polite, we are all adults and we should act like them. While we don't believe in censorship, we will certainly pull out the ban-hammer if needed.
- DO NOT defy the moderators.
- DO NOT advertise or solicit. No posting of ad links anywhere on the site. If found doing so you will be BANNED.
- DO NOT post links that would lead to other forums/blogs.
- Only ONE account per person, if you are found to have more than one account newest will be deleted. If you break the rule again you will be BANNED.
- You must confirm your email. Accounts that are unconfirmed after 1 day will be deleted.
- Any members account that has not logged into the site for 2 months will be classed as an Inactive account and will be removed.
- This website is supported by advertising, and our advertisers will pull their support if we are linking to files. So no linking will take place. Book IDs will be allowed. Links are allowed privately (PMs).
- Books.Cat does not condone, allow or permit copyrighted content on our servers, nor do we offer an upload/download facility. #
- One Book One Thread. No series requests permitted.
- You are only allowed to make 1 request in any 24 hr period. (You can have 1 bump and 1 request in any 24 hour period, they are separate counts) [From last request]
- Excess WILL be deleted.
- We check Amazon .com for availability. If it's not there then we will mark as unavailable. Provide a link to digital availability if it's on sale elsewhere.
- Making a request that is already on Ebooks Bike or not available in digital format will still count towards your allowed one.
- You MUST use the required format when making a request. Do not use all caps. Failure to follow correct format WILL result in your request being deleted.
- Required format: This format is to be inserted in the Discussion Title NOT the body.
- Required format:
Author | Title | Series & Number (if there is a series) | Date (Full date if it is the current month & year) Month/DD/YYYY
- Marisa Chenery | Mate for a King | Wolves of East Anglia #1 | May/23/2010
[The required date is the date the title was released in Digital format not today's date]
- Search BEFORE you make a request. Black bar, top right, next to your name. Duplicate requests WILL count towards your allowed one.
- Search Ebook Bike BEFORE you make a request. This is NOT the same site as Ebook Bike, therefore a search here will not search the Ebook Bike database.
- DO NOT bump your or any one else's thread within 5 days of last post. Use bookmark feature instead by clicking on the star.
- Bump post = any message or post with no redeeming value can BUMP the post back to the top of the list of posts.
- Any post with no redeeming value in a thread will be classed as a bump.
- DO NOT give out personal information like your email in a public thread, send the member a private message.
- Once a request is found. Say "found". If you are having problems use private messages. DO NOT post Download links that lead to other forums. If you prefer not to mark the thread as found then feel free to message the request link to a moderator who will close the thread thank you.
- DO NOT request titles that have not yet been released. If it is not yet released you are not going to get it. This includes titles not available in digital format.
- Please be aware almost all e-books are released by Pacific Standard Timezone. Therefore this is the timezone we go by.
- Only 10 active requests are permitted at any one time.
- Found/Closed threads are classed as inactive.
You may ask a moderator to close an active request if you wish. You must send them the link.
- Found/Closed threads are classed as inactive.
- Active requests older than 1 month will automatically be deleted.
So when members abuse the request system by creating another account or requesting more than the allowed one request, hoping to have it filled before its caught. Please take note that your account will be immediately placed on moderation. No warnings or notification.
One account per associated IP address. If you create another account to try and get around the moderation YOU WILL BE BANNED. No warnings or notification.
In order to check your last post hover your cursor over the date under to your name on the post and it will tell you the date and time it was posted.
We are not changing the rules again. It is not fair on our members who do follow the rules. But we will no longer tolerate and go easy on the members who choose to do it their way.